Mechanochemcial synthesis and rapid sintering of nanocrystalline AlCr2-2Al2O3 composite and its mechanical properties
- Mechanochemcial synthesis and rapid sintering of nanocrystalline AlCr2-2Al2O3 composite and its mechanical properties
- 윤진국; 손인진
- Sintering; Hardness; Nanocrystalline; Fracture toughness; Synthesis
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research
- VOL 17, NO 8-880
- Nanopowders of AlCr2 and Al2O3 were synthesized during high energy ball milling. Densely nanostructured AlCr2-2Al2O3 composite was consolidated by high-frequency induction heated sintering within 2 min from milled powders. Highly dense AlCr2-2Al2O3 composite with relative density of up to 96% was produced under application of a 80 MPa pressure and the induced current. The fracture toughness of a AlCr2-Al2O3 composite in this study is similar to that of previous study, while the hardness of a AlCr2-Al2O3 composite in this study is better than that of previous study due to the grain refinement. The fracture toughness of AlCr2-2Al2O3 composite is higher than that of pure Al2O3. The microstructure and mechanical properties were investigated using FE-SEM with EDS and Vickers hardness tester
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.