Properties and rapid sintering of nanostructured WC and WC-TiAl by the high frequency induction heating
- Properties and rapid sintering of nanostructured WC and WC-TiAl by the high frequency induction heating
- 윤진국; 곽봉원; 오성진; 김병수; 손인진
- Composites; Nanosstructured materials; Sintering; Mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Korean journal of metals and materials
- VOL 54, NO 3-186
- In the case of cemented WC, Ni or Co is added as a binder for the formation of composite structures. However, the high cost and the low hardness of Ni or Co, and the low corrosion resistance of the WC-Ni and WC-Co cermets have generated interest in alternative binder phases recently. In this study, TiAl was used as a novel binder and consolidated by the high frequency induction heated sintering (HFIHS) method. Nanopowders of WC and TiAl were made by high energy ball milling. Highly dense WC and WC-10 vol% TiAl with a relative density of up to 99 % were obtained within one min by HFIHS under a pressure of 80 MPa. The addition of TiAl to WC enhanced the toughness without great decrease of hardness due to the crack deflection and nanostructured phase.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.