Material properties of the short fiber reinforced Al alloy composite I : Effect of the sintering temperature
- Material properties of the short fiber reinforced Al alloy composite I : Effect of the sintering temperature
- 하용식; 김도향; 김성철; 이호인; 이재철
- short fiber reinforced composites; ASZ fiber; Preform sintering; Wear resistance
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Journal of the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
- VOL 38, NO 10, 1353-1359
- A new type of ceramic short fibers(ASZ fibers) was developed to fabricate cost effective metal matrix composites having mechanical properties superior to those reinforced with current commercial fibers such as Saffil or SiO₂ short fibers. Effect of the preform sintering temperatures on the mechanical properties of the Al alloy composites reinforced with ASZ fibers were studied to evaluate the composites as automotive applications. Both the crystallization sequence of the ASZ fiber and morphological change of the hinder used to prepare the preform were studied to determine the appropriate sintering temperature suitable for the preform fabrication, thereby enhance the mechanical properties of the resultant composites. Mechanical properties of the squeeze cast composites were measured as a function of the preform sintering temperature. Observations using SEM were carried out on the fracture surface of the fibers to analyze the varying mechanical properties associated with the sintering temperature. Interfacial reaction between the fiber and the matrix was discussed based on the experimental results obtained from SEM and TEM.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.