Heat transfer characteristics by an oscillating flow in a tube with a regenerator
- Heat transfer characteristics by an oscillating flow in a tube with a regenerator
- 이건태; 강병하; 이재헌
- 왕복유동; 진폭비; 주기적 정상상태; 재생기; 기공률
- Issue Date
- 대한기계학회논문집B; Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B
- VOL 22, NO 4, 428-439
- Fluid flow and heat transfer have been numerically investigated for an oscillating flow in a tube with a regenerator. The regenerator is placed between hot and cold spaces which are heated and cooled at uniform temperature. An oscillating flow is generated by the piston motion at both ends of a tube. The time dependent, two-dimensional Navier-Stokes equations and energy equation are solved by using the finite-volume and moving grid method. The regenerator is adopted as Brinkmann-Forchheimer extended Darcy model. Numerical results are obtained for the flow and temperature fields, and described the effects of the oscillating frequency and amplitude ratio by the piston motion as well as the aspect ratio. The numerical results obtained indicate that the heat transfer between the tube wall and oscillating flow is increased as the oscillating frequency, amplitude ratio and the aspect ratio are increased.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.