Monoazo disperse dyes containing ethyleneimine. Part 1: Synthesis and application of some monoazo disperse dyes derived from 3-amino-4-methoxyacetanilide
- Monoazo disperse dyes containing ethyleneimine. Part 1: Synthesis and application of some monoazo disperse dyes derived from 3-amino-4-methoxyacetanilide
- 선우공현; 김동찬; 신계정; 유경호; 김동진; 박상우
- Aminoazobenzene; Ethyleneimine; Disperse dyes; Gabriel and Wenker’s method; Polyester; Nylon 6
- Issue Date
- Dyes and pigments : an international journal
- VOL 41, NO 1-2, 19-29
- Three aminoazobenzene disperse dyes containing a terminal ethyleneimine group derived from 3-amino-4-methoxyacetanilide were synthesised using Gabriel and Wenker’s method. One aminoazobenzene disperse dye containing a terminal N-hydroxyethylene group as a hydrolysed form and another azo disperse dye containing a terminal N-dihydroxyethylene group were also synthesised. The colour properties of these five dyes in acetone were investigated. As expected, attachment of the ethyleneimine ring to the terminal N-atom resulted in hypsochromic shifts and decreasing ϵmax values when compared with analogous compounds containing terminal N-hydroxyethyl and N,N-dihydroxyethyl groups. When one or two chloro substituents were attached on the diazo component of the aziridinyl azo disperse dyes, colour and fastness properties were affected. The rate of hydrolysis of three ethyleneimine dyes was investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.