Improvement of field-emission properties by formation of Nb-silicide layer on silicon-tip FEAs
- Improvement of field-emission properties by formation of Nb-silicide layer on silicon-tip FEAs
- 박재석; 이상조; 주병권; 오명환; 장진; 전동렬
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION DISPLAY
- VOL 7, NO 4, 241-243
- Metal silicide on silicon-tip field-emission arrays (FEAs) seems to be a promising way to improve the performance of the silicon-tip FEAs. The niobium-silicide layer was formed on a silicon surface. The Nb-silicide FEAs were prepared by a silicidation process. The formation of the Nb-silicide layer on a silicon surface was confirmed by using X-ray diffractometry (XRD). The current-voltage characteristics and the current fluctuation were measured under an ultra-high-vacuum environment using a Kiethley SMU 237 meter. The turn-on voltage of silicon-tip FEAs was decreased from 64 to 47 V by the formation of the Nb-silicide layer on silicon tips, and the emission current fluctuation (2%) was more stable than that of conventional silicon-tip FEAs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.