Multiple vision based micromanipulation system for 3D-shaped micro parts assembly
- Multiple vision based micromanipulation system for 3D-shaped micro parts assembly
- 이석주; 김경환; 김덕호; 박종오; 박귀태
- multiple micro vision; vision-based system; micromanipulation; multiple vision; micro assembly
- Issue Date
- Proceedings of International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems; ICCAS 2001
- This paper presents a visual feedback system that controls a micromanipulator using multiple microscopic vision information. The
micromanipulation stations basically have optical microscope. However the single field-of-view of optical microscope essentially
limits the workspace of the micromanipulator and low depth-of-field makes it difficult to handle 3D-shaped micro objects. The
system consists of a stereoscopic microscope, three CCD cameras, the micromanipulator and personal computer. The use of
stereoscopic microscope which has long working distance and high depth-of-field with selective field-of-view improves the
recognizability of 3D-shaped micro objects and provides a method for overcoming several essential limitations in
micromanipulation. Thus, visual feedback information is very important in handling micro objects for overcoming those limitations
and provides a mean for the closed-loop operation. We propose this method for recognition and tracking 3D-shaped micro parts and
generate motion commands for the micromanipulator.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.