Effects of AlGaAs inserting layer on the optical properties of InGaAs/GaAs quantum dots
- Effects of AlGaAs inserting layer on the optical properties of InGaAs/GaAs quantum dots
- S.K.Park; 박용주; Y.M.Park; H.J.Kim; E.K.Kim; C.Lee
- insertion layer; quantum dots; red-shift
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 39, S250-S252
- We report e ects of AlGaAs inserting layer (IL) on the optical properties of InGaAs/GaAs quantum
dots. Thin AlGaAs insertion layer were positioned right after the formation of self-assembled
InGaAs quantum dots on GaAs bu er layer. The low temperature (15 K) photoluminescence peak
typically appears at around 1.1 m in the sample without IL whereas it is red-shifted up to 1.25
m according to the thickness of IL. The quantum dot emission wavelength can be controllably
changed from 1.1 m to 1.25 m by increasing the IL thickness. It is expected that thin AlGaAs
IL may play a role of release layer of strain between QDs and capping layer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.