Fracture mechanism of the Al-25Si-X composite fabricated via spray forming and extrusion 1 - experimental investigation.
- Fracture mechanism of the Al-25Si-X composite fabricated via spray forming and extrusion 1 - experimental investigation.
- 석현광; 박우진; 이호인; 이재철
- fracture mechanism; Al-25Si-X composite; spray forming; extrusion; 분무성형; 압출법; Al-25Si-X 복합재; 파괴기구
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Journal of the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
- VOL 39, NO 3, 308-314
- The fracture mechanisms operative in the hypereutectic Al-Si-X composites fabricated via spray forming and extrusion were investigated in an attempt to improve the mechanical properties of the composites. Two different types of Al-25Si-X composites were prepared by varying matrix composition and heat treatment conditions; the hard/brittle sample revealed 0.8% elongation with 420 ㎫ U.T.S and the soft/ductile one revealed 16% elongation with only 165 ㎫ U.T.S. The effect of the crystallographic factor of Si particles on the crack initiation in Al-25Si-X composite was regarded not to be important. In the case of the hard/brittle sample, the cracks were observed to be initiated from Si particles at a relatively high tensile stress of about 420 ㎫ followed by sudden crack propagation through the composite. On the other hand, in the soft/ductile sample, the stress was also concentrated at the Si particles. However, cracks were not developed until the sample was deformed in about 7-9% elongation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.