Adsorption characteristics of phenol and chlorophenols on granular activated carbons (GAC)
- Adsorption characteristics of phenol and chlorophenols on granular activated carbons (GAC)
- 안규홍; 정민우; 이용훈; 김기팔; 이재성; 박정태; 팽기정
- adsorption isotherms; Adsorption; Activated carbon; Physical properties; Chemical structure; Freundlich equation; Dispersion force
- Issue Date
- Microchemical journal
- VOL 70, NO 2, 123-131
- The adsorption of phenol and chlorophenols on four commercial granular activated carbons ŽGAC. was investigated
by batch experiment to correlate with the structure of activated carbons. Physical properties including surface
area, average pore diameter and micropore volume and chemical structure of the activated carbons were characterized
by N2 adsorption experiment, scanning electron microscopy ŽSEM., X-ray diffraction ŽXRD. analysis, elemental
analysis, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy ŽXPS. and FT-IR spectroscopy. To calculate the adsorption parameters,
adsorption isotherm data were fitted to the Freundlich equation. From the correlation between the characterization
and the Freundlich parameters, it is concluded that the adsorption behavior of phenol and chlorophenols on
activated carbons is controlled by the dispersion force between the -electrons in activated carbons and those in
phenol molecules. 2001 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.