Fromation of texture and deformation-induced anisotropy of shape memory effect in an cold rolled Fe-Mn-Si alloy
- Fromation of texture and deformation-induced anisotropy of shape memory effect in an cold rolled Fe-Mn-Si alloy
- 송준오; 지광구; 장우양; 최종술; 신명철
- shape memory effect; texture; Fe-based alloy; martensitic transformation
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Korean journal of metals and materials
- VOL 39, NO 2, 146-149
- This study is aimed at investigating the anisotropy of shape memory effect in Fe-based alloy. An Fe-15Mn-3Si-4Co-5Cr alloy was cold rolled by 92%, and annealed at 630℃ for 46 min. The alloy undergoes γ→ε→α’ transformation by cold rolling and γ is restored with a major preferred orientation of (110)γγ by the annealing. The specimens for shape memory effect and tensile test were taken 0, 45, 70, 80 and 90 degs to the rolling direction. The specimen taken along 70 degs to the rolling direction exhibits the best shape memory effect. An analysis of the (110)γγ texture reveals that the specimen experiences the deformation along γ which is the most expandable direction in the γ→ε transformation. In tensile test, the best SME specimen shows the lowest yield stress, indicating that the transformation take place most easily since the deformation is applied to the preferential direction to the deformation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.