Performance of the W-B-N ternary diffusion barrier for Cu metallization
- Performance of the W-B-N ternary diffusion barrier for Cu metallization
- 이창우; 김용태; 이효석; 박영균; 이택홍; Q. Chen; Nevil V. Richardson
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 39, NO 6, 1019-1022
- The thermal stability of rf magnetron sputtered tungsten boron nitride (W-B-N) thin lms has
been investigated as a di usion barrier between Cu and Si during subsequent annealing at 550 􀀀
900 C. The boron and the nitrogen impurities in W-B-N thin lms provide a stu ng e ect that is
very e ective for preventing the fast di usion of Cu atoms during the high-temperature annealing
process. A resistivity is attainable by annealing the Cu/W-B-N/Si thin lms between 3 and 58
-cm from room temperature to 900 C. X-ray di raction, nomarski microscopy, and electrical
property analysis show that the W-B-N barriers do not react with Si during an annealing in a N2
ambient at 1000 C for 30 min and prevent interdi usion of Cu atoms at 800 􀀀 850 C for 30 min,
which is the best result so far for the thermal stability of a di usion barrier.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.