An experimental study on the light transmission characteristics with oil contamination
- An experimental study on the light transmission characteristics with oil contamination
- 조성용; 장철주; 공호성; 윤의성; 한흥구
- light transmission; oil contamination; condition monitoring; wear
- Issue Date
- 한국윤활학회지; Journal of the KSTLE (Journal of the Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers)
- VOL 17, NO 6, 482-489
- Changes in light trasmission chafacteristrics caused by various type of oil contaminations were experimentally measured with a built-in type wear monitoring device. Three kinds of iron powers of different size distribution, carbon dust, tow kinds of solutions and grease were used for the test contaminants in this work. Light intensity of the rransmitted light wa measured with the contamination level. Results shiwed that the transmitted light intensity decreased linerly with the contamination concentration in the oil and the slope was affected by the size distribution. Light attenuation was also caused greatly by carbon dust, water contamination and polymeric fibers in terms of the light absorption. As a result, it was proved that the optical measurement device could be applicable effectively for detecting any sighificant change in lubricating oils.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.