Effects of post-annealing on the microstructure and ferroelectric properties of YMnO ₃ thin films on Si
- Effects of post-annealing on the microstructure and ferroelectric properties of YMnO ₃ thin films on Si
- 유동철; 이정용; 김익수; 김용태
- 미세구조; A1. Transmission electron microscopy; B1. Yittrium compounds; B2. Ferroelectric materials
- Issue Date
- Journal of crystal growth
- VOL 233, 243-247
- YMnO3 thin films deposited on Si (1 0 0) substrate by rf-sputteringwere annealed with various conditions. YMnO3
films annealed in a furnace had a c-axis preferred orientation and the films annealed in a rapid thermal processor (RTP)
had random orientations. However, cracks were observed in the highly c-axis oriented YMnO3 films. YMnO3 films
annealed in the furnace showed poor ferroelectric characteristics. However, YMnO3 films annealed in the RTP showed
a ferroelectric C2V hysteresis with 1.5V memory window at 0.2 V/s sweep rate. Since the thermal expansion of a-axis is
five times higher than that of c-axis in the YMnO3 thin films, the c-axis oriented thin films are expected to be easily
cracked duringthe post-annealingprocess. Moreover, the rapid thermal annealingprocess effectively suppressed the
increase of a native SiO2 thickness in the YMnO3/Si structure. r 2001 Published by Elsevier Science B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.