Waveguide-Type PnpN optical thyristor operating at 1.55 ㎛
- Waveguide-Type PnpN optical thyristor operating at 1.55 ㎛
- 김두근; 이정준; 최영완; 이석; 강병권; 김선호
- optical communication system; waveguide optical thyristor; spontaneous emission
- Issue Date
- IEEE photonics technology letters : a publication of the IEEE Laser and Electro-optics Society
- VOL 12, NO 9, 1219-1221
- Waveguide-type PnpN depleted optical thyristors
operating at 1.55 m are proposed and fabricated for the first
time. In the optical thyristors, we employ InGaAs/InP multiple
quantum-well (MQW) and InGaAsP bulk layers for the active
n- and p-layers. The thyristors show sufficient nonlinear s-shape
– characteristics and spontaneous emission along the waveguide.
Very low switching voltages of 2.1 and 2.0 (V) for bulk and
MQW thyristors with = 300 m and 350 m respectively are
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.