A new manufacturing method of all ceramic restoration using alumina tape and presentation of clinical cases
- A new manufacturing method of all ceramic restoration using alumina tape and presentation of clinical cases
- 오남식; 김의성; 이근우; 한중석; 김대준; 이명현
- all ceramic crown; alumina tape; flexure strength; fithess
- Issue Date
- 한국보철학회지; J. Korean Acad Prosthodont
- VOL 38, NO 6, 800-805
- In an effort to facilitate fabrication procedure of all ceramic crowns, a novel preparation method for all ceramic crown using alumina tape was developed. The alumina tape having a uniform thickness was cast by using Doctor blade method. The physical properties of newly introduced alumina tape has biaxial flexure strength of . The value of toughness is which corelates with fracture and the linear shrinkage rate of the alumina tape is 0.44% during core production. The marginal fitness of the alumina tape all-ceramic restoration with shoulder margin had average marginal discrepancy at > and average marginal gap at >. At the marginal preparation of deep chamfer, the average marginal discrepancy at > and the average marginal gap at > had been reported.
This fabrication procedure of all ceramic crowns with alumina tapes is easier and less technical sensitive for dental technicians.
After restoration with new all ceramic crowns we followed the patients 2 years later, there were no complications as porcelain fractures or periodontal disease. We had good esthetic clinical results with new all ceramic crowns.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.