Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured TaSi2-Si3N4 composite by pulsed current activated combustion
- Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured TaSi2-Si3N4 composite by pulsed current activated combustion
- 박현국; 박정환; 윤진국; 고인용; 도정만; 손인진
- Pulsed current activated combustion; Intermetallics; Nanophase; TaSi2-Si3N4
- Issue Date
- Ceramics international
- VOL 35, 99-104
- Dense nanostructured 4TaSi2–Si3N4 composite was synthesized by pulsed current activated combustion synthesis (PCACS) method within
3 min in one step from mechanically activated powders of TaN and Si. Simultaneous combustion synthesis and densification were accomplished
under the combined effects of a pulsed current and mechanical pressure. Highly dense 4TaSi2–Si3N4 composite with relative density of up to 98%
was produced under simultaneous application of a 60 MPa pressure and the pulsed current. The average grain size and mechanical properties
(hardness and fracture toughness) of the composite were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.