Novel piperidinium salts as latent initiators for cationic polymerization of epoxide and vinyl ether
- Novel piperidinium salts as latent initiators for cationic polymerization of epoxide and vinyl ether
- 김준영; 김남순; P.S. Patil; 안광덕; 김진환; 김태호
- cationic polymerization; latent initiators; dibenzylpiperidinium salts; epoxides; vinyl ethers; photocuring
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied polymer science
- VOL 111, NO 4, 1878-1883
- Novel dibenzylpiperidinium salts with nonnucleophilic
anions (DBPi-SbF6, DBPi-PF6) have been prepared
as latent cationic initiators. Utility of these salts in the
photo and thermal-induced cationic polymerizations of
epoxide and vinyl ether monomer systems has been studied.
The new initiator, DBPi-SbF6 showed good solubility,
high reactivity, and high thermal latency for polymerizations
of epoxide and vinyl ether monomers with only 1 wt % of
concentration. Cationic polymerization of vinyl ether monomer
was significantly faster than epoxide monomer by the
synthesized initiators. This article describes the synthesis,
characterization, and activity of novel initiators.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.