Electrolyte conditioning-enhanced electrokinetic remediation of arsenic-contaminated mine tailing
- Electrolyte conditioning-enhanced electrokinetic remediation of arsenic-contaminated mine tailing
- 백기태; 김도형; 박성우; 류병곤; Tserennyam Bajargal; 양중석
- electrokinetic; anolyte conditioning; catholyte conditioning; enhanced electrokinetics; arsenic remediation; mine tailing
- Issue Date
- Journal of hazardous materials
- VOL 161, NO 1, 457-462
- Feasibility of electrolyte conditioning with strong acidic or alkaline solution on electrokinetic remediation
of arsenic-contaminated mine tailing was investigated in the laboratory. The mine tailing contained
calcium oxide of more than 50%. At alkaline condition, arsenicwas precipitated with calcium, and formed
calcium arsenate which is very stable solid. Catholyte conditioning with strong acidic solution and anolyte
conditioning with strong alkaline solution showed similar efficiency to remove arsenic. At 4mAcm−2
of current density, the removal efficiency of arsenic was 62% after 28 days operation with catholyte
conditioning with 0.1M nitric acid.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.