An Electronic Aid for a Visually Impaired Person Using an Ultrasonic Sensor
- An Electronic Aid for a Visually Impaired Person Using an Ultrasonic Sensor
- 박세형; 김래현; 하성도; 조현철; 이수용
- Electronic Travel Aids; Visually Impaired; SmartWand; Ultrasonic sensor
- Issue Date
- IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics
- This paper presents an electronic device, called
SmartWand, which can help a visually impaired person walk
around more safely. Attached to a conventional white cane, the
SmartWand detects obstacles that cannot be detected by a
traditional cane and gives warnings in the forms of vibration or
sound. In addition to obstacle detection, it also provides functions
to detect colors of objects and the brightness of surroundings.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.