Improved Figure of Merit of (Ba,Sr)TiO3-Based Ceramics by Sn Substitution
- Improved Figure of Merit of (Ba,Sr)TiO3-Based Ceramics by Sn Substitution
- 하종윤; 리웨이 린; 정대용; 윤석진; 최지원
- Dielectric properties; (Ba,Sr)(TiSn)O3; Dielectric loss; Tunability; Figure of merit
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1- Regular Papers
- VOL 48, 011402-1-011402-4
- The dielectric properties of (Ba0:6Sr0:4)(Ti1 xSnx)O3 (0 x 0:3) ceramics were investigated. Single-phase specimens having a cubic perovskite structure could be obtained. As Sn concentration increased, dielectric loss decreased untill a composition of x ¼ 0:15 and slightly increased as Sn concentration increased further. The diffused phase transition appeared owing to substitution of Sn ions. When Sn was substituted at 0.1 mol in (Ba0:6Sr0:4)TiO3 at 1400 C, the dielectric constant, dielectric loss, tunability, Curie point, and figure of merit (FOM) were 1400, 0.0027, 18%, 40 C, and 67, respectively. These compositions show excellent dielectric properties than those of (Ba0:5Sr0:5)TiO3 ferroelectrics, which are limelight materials for tunable devices such as varactors, phase shifters, and frequency agile filters.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.