Arsenic Speciation and Risk Assesment of Hijiki (Hizikia fusiforme) by HPLC-ICP-MS
- Arsenic Speciation and Risk Assesment of Hijiki (Hizikia fusiforme) by HPLC-ICP-MS
- 류근영; 심성례; 황인민; 정민석; 전삼녀; 서혜영; 박종석; 김희연; 엄애선; 박경수; 김경수
- arsenic speciation; HPLC-ICP-MS; ICP-MS; hijiki (Hizikia fusiforme); risk assesment
- Issue Date
- VOL 41, NO 1, 1-6
- This study investigated arsenic speciation and risk assesment in 30 samples of hijiki purchased from local market in 10 Korean cities. The mean arsenic concentration of the hijiki samples was 45.65 mg/kg (dryness;moisture content of 91.1 ± 1.6%), and the major arsenic compound was arsenate [As(V)]. The concentrations of As(V) and AS(Ⅲ), as inorganic arsenic compounds, were detected to be 40.36mg/kg and 0.37mg/kg, respectively, and made up 88.6% (40.46mg/kg) of the arsenic in the hijiki. Among the samples, the highest inorganic arsenic concentration was identified at 9.19mg/kg (wet), and for an adult with a body weight of 60kg was within an acceptable level as 0.7% (6.43 ㎍/60kg/week) when compared with the provisional tolerable weekly intake (PTWI) (900㎍/60kg/week), and would be considered safe with respect to health-hazardous effects.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.