Microstructural change of 2LiBH4/Al with hydrogen sorption cycling: Separation of Al and B
- Microstructural change of 2LiBH4/Al with hydrogen sorption cycling: Separation of Al and B
- 김지우; Oliver Friedrichs; 안재평; 김도현; 김슬참; Arndt Remhof; 정희석; 이제현; 심재혁; 조영환; Andreas Zuttel; 오규환
- Hydrogen storage; Complex metal hydride; LiBH4; Destabilization; Composite; Microstructure; Transmisson electron microscopy; Focused ion beam; hydrides; focused ion beam
- Issue Date
- Scripta materialia
- VOL 60, NO 12, 1089-1092
- Using transmission electron microscopy, microstructures of 2LiBH4/Al are investigated during the hydrogen cycling (2LiBH4+
AlM 2LiH + AlB2 + 3H2). Mechanically, ball milled 2LiH/AlB2 mixture shows a homogeneous phase distribution. For the
hydrogen absorption, the decomposition of AlB2 and the formation of 2LiBH4 occur simultaneously. During the hydrogen cycling,
the incomplete formation of AlB2 results in a spatial separation of Al and B. A lack of reactive B from AlB2 results in a limited
formation of LiBH4, which leads to the capacity loss of the system.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.