Tunable dispersion slope compensator using two uniform fiber Bragg gratings mounted on S-shape plate
- Tunable dispersion slope compensator using two uniform fiber Bragg gratings mounted on S-shape plate
- 김선덕; 배준기; 이관일; 김상혁; 정제명; 이상배
- Fiber optics communications; Fiber Bragg gratings
- Issue Date
- Optics express
- VOL 17, NO 6, 4336-4341
- We propose and experimentally demonstrate a novel method for tunable
dispersion slope compensation. We use two uniform fiber Bragg gratings (FBGs), a
spatially designed S-bending stage and 4-port circulator. Two FBGs are mounted on
each surface of a metal plate along the calculated quadratic curve. The dispersion
slope (DS) can be tuned by adjusting a nonlinear strain along two uniform FBGs
without changing second order dispersion as well as the central wavelength. In the
experiment, a DS tuning range from -13.9 to -54.8 ps/nm2 is achieved with the
bandwidth of larger than 2.0 nm.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.