Tribological and Corrosion Properties of Cr-Zr-N Coatings
- Tribological and Corrosion Properties of Cr-Zr-N Coatings
- 김광석; 김영수; 김성민; 이상율; 이광렬
- tribology; corrosion resistance; Cr-Zr-N coating; surface roughness; Friction coefficient; humidity
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 54, NO 4, 1569-1573
- In this work, ternary Cr-Zr-N coating with not only much improved mechanical properties but also a very low surface roughness were synthesized by closed field unbalanced magnetron sputtering with vertical magnetron sources and their tribological properties under the various relative humidity (RH) conditions were investigated. Especially, in the case of the Cr1_xZrxN coating with x=0.34, its friction coefficient, obtained under a 90% RH environment was compared with that of DLC(daimaond like carbon) films measured under the same conditions. In addition, to evaluate the corrosion behavior of the coatings, we carried out potentiodynamic polarization tests in a deaerated 3.5 wt.% NaCl solution at 40°C and we compared the results with those obtained from CrN films. The tribological behaviors of the Cr_Zr_N coatings did not seem to be significantly affected by the humidity of the air. Under a 90% RH environment, the average friction coefficient of the Cr1_xZrzN coating with x=0.34 against a steel ball was approximately 0.17 and this value was lower than those of the CrN(0.49) and DLC(0.2) films. In the poteniodynamic polarization test results, we found that the corrosion resistance of the Cr_Zr_N coating was significantly improved in comparison with that of CrN and that their corrosion current density (icorr) and corrosion rate decreased with increasing Zr content (x value)
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.