Effects of In-Band Crosstalk in Wavelength-Locked Fabry-Perot Laser-Diode-Based WDM PONs
- Effects of In-Band Crosstalk in Wavelength-Locked Fabry-Perot Laser-Diode-Based WDM PONs
- 김철한; 이관일; 이상배
- Crosstalk; Fabry？？ot laser diode (FP-LD); passive optical network (PON); wavelength-division multiplexing
- Issue Date
- IEEE photonics technology letters : a publication of the IEEE Laser and Electro-optics Society
- VOL 21, NO 9, 596-598
- We investigated the impact of in-band crosstalk on the
system’s performance in wavelength-locked Fabry–Pérot laserdiode
(FP-LD)-based wavelength-division-multiplexed passive
optical networks (WDM PONs). As expected, wavelength-locked
FP-LD, which was injected by using an incoherent broadband
light source, was more tolerant to in-band crosstalk than distributed-
feedback (DFB) laser diode. A 1-dB power penalty in the
wavelength-locked FP-LD-based PON system was observed when
the crosstalk-to-signal ratio was 9 dB. We also compared the
measured power penalties with the calculated power penalties.
It has been shown that the in-band crosstalk-induced power
penalty in wavelength-locked FP-LD-based WDM PON could be
estimated properly by taking into account both effects of power
addition and signal-crosstalk beat noise.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.