Ferromagnetic ordering in Mn induced by thermal strain
- Ferromagnetic ordering in Mn induced by thermal strain
- 황영훈; 최정용; 홍순철; 조성래; 한석희; 신경호; 정명화
- antiferromagnetic materials; Curie temperature; ferromagnetic materials; high-temperature effects; magnetic moment; magnetic thin films; manganese; metallic thin films; Neel temperature; paramagnetic materials
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 79, NO 4, 045309-1-045309-5
- We report that the thermal strain due to the thermal-expansion difference between a Mn film and a semiconductor substrate is strong enough to overcome the thermal energy for a paramagnetic PM state and also to break antiferromagnetic AF magnetic symmetry, inducing ferromagnetic FM ordering at high temperatures. AMn film on GaAs 100 showed FM ordering up to 9000 Å with a Curie temperature TC of over 750 K and a net magnetic moment of 0.33 B/Mn, instead of AF Néel temperature, TN=95 K and PM orderings in bulk.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.