Consolidation of nanostructured ZrSi2-Si3N4 synthesized from mechanically activated (4ZrN + 11Si) powders by high frequency induction heated combustion synthesis
- Consolidation of nanostructured ZrSi2-Si3N4 synthesized from mechanically activated (4ZrN + 11Si) powders by high frequency induction heated combustion synthesis
- 손인진; 박정환; 윤진국; 박현국
- Composites; Intermetalic compounds; Nanostructures; High frequency induction heated combustion; ZrSi2-Si3N4
- Issue Date
- Materials research bulletin
- VOL 44, NO 7, 1462-1467
- Dense nanostructured 4ZrSi2–Si3N4 composite was synthesized by high frequency induction heated
combustion synthesis (HFIHCS) method within 1 min in one-step from mechanically activated powders
of 4ZrN and 11Si. Simultaneous combustion synthesis and consolidation were accomplished under the
combined effects of an induced current and mechanical pressure. Highly dense 4ZrSi2–Si3N4 with
relative density of up to 98% was produced under simultaneous application of a 60 MPa pressure and the
induced current. The average grain size and mechanical properties of the composite were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.