Application of a flexible film type EMI filter for high-frequency noise suppression on the signal transmission cable
- Application of a flexible film type EMI filter for high-frequency noise suppression on the signal transmission cable
- Kyung-Sub Lee; In-Ho Byun; 김상우
- EMI Filter; Noise Suppression; Signal Transmission Cable; Ni-Zn ferrite bead; Fe-Si-Al composite thick film; Electromagnetic interference; ferrite filters; inductance; resistance; soft magnetic materials
- Issue Date
- the International Magnetics Conference, Intermag 2009
- Impedance characteristics of a Ni-Zn ferrite bead and a Fe-Si-Al composite thick film were investigated and the possibility of employing the flexible magnetic thick film as a noise filter was explored over the frequency range from MHz to GHz. The effective impedance was determined by dimensions of noise filters and intrinsic material properties, including complex magnetic permeability. The impedance was mainly dependent on the inductance for the magnetic thick film but on the inductance and resistance for the ferrite bead core in a frequency range from 10 to 1,000 MHz. Although the inductance of the magnetic thick film was much lower than that of the ferrite bead until 90 MHz because of lower initial real permeability, the inductance exceeded the level of the ferrite bead in a frequency range from 90 to 900 MHz. The high inductance was attributed to a high initial imaginary part of permeability of the magnetic thick film as well as a large area dimension around a twisted pair cable in the frequency range. The higher inductance was, the better the effect was reached to filter out the common-mode noise. It is concluded that the noise emission from a data signal cable is effectively attenuated by employing the flexible Fe-Si-Al composite thick film as a common-mode noise filter.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.