Improvement of adhesion of DLC coating on nitinol substrate by hybrid ion beam deposition technique
- Improvement of adhesion of DLC coating on nitinol substrate by hybrid ion beam deposition technique
- R Roy; Sk. Faruque Ahmed; 이진우; 문명운; 이광렬; 전영하
- DLC; NiTi; Adhesion; Ar treatment; Si; Fracture; Hybrid ion beam deposition; Nitinol
- Issue Date
- VOL 83, NO 9, 1179-1183
- Diamond-like carbon (DLC) films were prepared for a protective coating on nitinol substrate by hybrid ion beam deposition technique with an acetelene as a source of hydrocarbon ions. An amorphous silicon (a-Si) interlayer was deposited on the substrates to ensure better adhesion of the DLC films followed by Ar ion beam treatment. The film thickness increased with increase in ion gun anode voltage. The residual stresses in the DLC films decreased with increase in ion gun anode voltage and film thickness, while the stress values were independent of the radio frequency (RF) bias voltage. The adhesion of the DLC film was improved by surface treatment with argon ion beam for longer time and by increasing the thickness of a-Si interlayer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.