Consistent Relationship Between the Tunnel Magnetoresistance of CoFeB/MgO/CoFeB Junctions and X-Ray Diffraction Properties
- Consistent Relationship Between the Tunnel Magnetoresistance of CoFeB/MgO/CoFeB Junctions and X-Ray Diffraction Properties
- 신일재; 민병철; 홍진표; 신경호
- Magnetic tunnel junction; MgO; rf sputtering; tunnel magnetoresistance
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 45, NO 6, 2393-2395
- We have investigated the effect of Ar pressure during MgO sputtering on the tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR) and resistance area
(RA) product of CoFeB/MgO/CoFeB magnetic tunnel junctions (MTJs). The TMR of MTJs with a thin MgO tunnel barrier deposited
at different Ar pressures (1.3, 4, 10, and 25 mTorr) shows a consistent relationship with x-ray diffraction (XRD) properties of thick MgO
films deposited with the same conditions. The deposition of the MgO-barrier at 1.3 mTorr results in a low TMR ratio and a high RA
product due to the disordered MgO barrier and the oxidation of the bottom electrode of the MTJ, while the deposition at 25 mTorr
results in a rough MgO barrier, and thereby gives rise to a large shift of switching field of the free layer due to the orange-peel coupling.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.