Rapid synthesis and consolidation of TiSi2 by pulsed current activated combustion
- Rapid synthesis and consolidation of TiSi2 by pulsed current activated combustion
- 김병량; 남기석; 윤진국; 도정만; 이기태; 손인진
- Pulsed current activated combustion; Sintering; High temperature materials; Mechanical properties; TiSi2
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research / International organization for ceramic processing
- VOL 10, NO 2, 171-175
- Dense TiSi2 was synthesized by a pulsed current activated combustion synthesis method within 1 minute in a one step from
mechanically activated powders of Ti and Si. Simultaneous combustion synthesis and consolidation were accomplished under
the combined effects of a pulsed current and mechanical pressure. Highly dense TiSi2 with a relative density of up to 96% was
produced under simultaneous application of 60 MPa pressure and the pulsed current. The average grain size and mechanical
properties of the composite were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.