Extraction of bioactive carotenoids from chlorella using pressurized hot liquids and high hydrostatic pressure
- Extraction of bioactive carotenoids from chlorella using pressurized hot liquids and high hydrostatic pressure
- 차광현; 구송이; 이동언; 판철호
- carotenoid; chlorella; extraction; pressurized liquid; high hydrostatic pressure
- Issue Date
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Carotenoids are powerful antioxidants and bright colorants, and thus are used as human diet supplements and fish food pigmentors. Recently, chlorella species have been a good commercial source for many carotenoids such as lutein, zeaxanthin, and violaxanthin. Traditional solvent extraction techniques related in producing the bioactive carotenoids have some problems that they utilize large quantities of organic solvents, and can expose the extracts to excessive heat, light and oxygen, increasing the potential isomerization and oxidation of labile compounds. In this study, we analyzed the separated carotenoids from marine Chlorella ellipsoidea and freshwater Chlorella vulgaris.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.