Experiments of Urban Autonomous Navigation using Lane Tracking Control with Monocular Vision
- Experiments of Urban Autonomous Navigation using Lane Tracking Control with Monocular Vision
- 서승범; 강연식; 노치원; 강성철
- 모바일 로봇; 자율주행; 차선탐지; 차선인식; 도시환경 자율주행; lane detection; lane following; vision-based control
- Issue Date
- 제어·로봇·시스템학회논문지 (Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems Engineering)
- VOL 15, NO 5, 480-487
- Autonomous Lane detection with vision is a difficult problem because of various road conditions, such as shadowy road
surface, various light conditions, and the signs on the road. In this paper we propose a robust lane detection algorithm to overcome
shadowy road problem using a statistical method. The algorithm is applied to the vision-based mobile robot system and the robot
followed the lane with the lane following controller. In parallel with the lane following controller, the global position of the robot is
estimated by the developed localization method to specify the locations where the lane is discontinued. The results of experiments,
done in the region where the GPS measurement is unreliable, show good performance to detect and to follow the lane in complex
conditions with shades, water marks, and so on.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.