Design of High Performance Arithmetic Encoder for CABAC in H.264/AVC
- Design of High Performance Arithmetic Encoder for CABAC in H.264/AVC
- 김윤섭; 문전학; 최원준; 이성수; 이석; 우덕하
- H.264/AVC; entropy coding; CABAC; arithmetic coding; video coding
- Issue Date
- Proceedings of the 8th WSEAS International Conference on Microelectronics, Nanoelectronics, Optoelectronics
- , 103-106
- CABAC is one of the entropy coding technologies applied to a main profile of H.264/AVC. The subject of
concern for performance enhancements of CABAC improves irregular renormalization and bit output of arithmetic
coder. This paper proposes an efficient arithmetic encoder for CABAC. To obtain CABAC encoder with high
throughput, it adopted a pipeline structure for arithmetic encoder. As a result, at every clock cycle, the input symbol is
encoded regardless of the iteration of the renormalization process and so the performance has improved. The proposed
architecture was modeled VerilogHDL and was verified through simulations.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.