Characterization of Thermo-optical Properties of Ferroelectric P(VDF-TrFE) Copolymer Using Febry-Perot Interferometer
- Characterization of Thermo-optical Properties of Ferroelectric P(VDF-TrFE) Copolymer Using Febry-Perot Interferometer
- 송현철; 김진상; 윤석진; 정대용
- Piezoelectric; Febry-Perot interferometer; P(VDF-TrFE) copolymer; thermo-optical coefficient
- Issue Date
- 한국재료학회지; Korean Journal of Materials Research
- VOL 19, NO 4, 228-231
- Phase transition in ferroelectric polymer is very interesting behavior and has been widely studied
for real device applications, such as actuators and sensors. Through the phase transition, there is structural
change resulting in the change of electrical and optical properties. In this study, we fabricated the Febry-Perot
interferometer with the thin film of ferroelectric P(VDF-TrFE) 50/50 mol% copolymer, and thermo-optical
properties were investigated. The effective thermo-optical coefficient of P(VDF-TrFE) was obtained as 2.3~3.8
×10-4/K in the ferroelectric temperature region (45oC~65oC) and 6.0×10-4/K in the phase transition temperature
region (65oC~85oC), which is a larger than optical silica-fiber and PMMA. The resonance transmission peak
of P(VDF-TrFE) with the variation of temperature showed hysteretic variation and the phase transition
temperature of the polymer in heating condition was higher than in the cooling condition. The elimination of
the hysteretic phase transition of P(VDF-TrFE) is necessary for practical applications of optical devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.