Preparation and analysis of Schottky diode with Au and sol-gel-processed ZnO thin films
- Preparation and analysis of Schottky diode with Au and sol-gel-processed ZnO thin films
- 김경원; 송용원; 임재현; 이상렬; 김상식
- Sol-Gel; Schottky diode; ZnO; Thin films
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 55, NO 1, 140-143
- We fabricate Schottky diodes with the contact between a sol-gel derived ZnO layer and Au
that guarantees the expected Schottky contact due to the high work function. The formed single
metal Schottky barrier shows characteristics comparable to the barrier formed by alloys. Au is
deposited by thermal evaporation on a ZnO thin film that is optimally formed under sol-gel process
conditions of a 1-mol zinc acetate concentration and a 3000-rpm coating speed. Possible defects,
which can provide deleterious current paths, are minimized by patterning the deposited Au. The
I−V curve verifies the formation of a Schottky contact. Measurements showed that the Schottky
barrier height and leakage current at −5 V were 0.6 eV and 1 × 10−12A, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.