Electrorheological properties of aminated polyacrylonitrile susupension
- Electrorheological properties of aminated polyacrylonitrile susupension
- 최웅수; 김충현
- 전기유변성유체; 아미나 PAN 유도체; 분극모델; 빙햄유체; 단일체인; electrorheological(ER) fluid; aminated pan derivative; polarization model; Bingham fluid; single chain
- Issue Date
- 한국윤활학회지; Journal of the KSTLE (Journal of the Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers)
- VOL 25, NO 3, 176-181
- Aminated polyacrylonitrile as the new organic disperse phases of the anhydrous ER fluid has been synthesized and ER effect of the suspension composed of aminated polyacrylonitrile in silicone oil investigated. The suspension showed a typical ER response (Bingham flow behavior) upon application of an electric field. The shear stress for the suspension exhibited the dependence with a factor equals to 1.6 power on theelectric field. The current density and the conductivity of the of aminated polyacrylonitrile suspension increase with the electric field intensity and moreover the conductivity of the suspension is about 8 order of magnitude higher than that of the silicone oil. On the basis of the the results, aminated polyacrylonitrile suspension showed the ER flow behavior upon application of the electric field due to the polarizability of the branched amine polar group of the aminated polyacrylonitrile particles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.