CeO2-incorporated Pt catalysts for direct methanol fuel cells
- CeO2-incorporated Pt catalysts for direct methanol fuel cells
- 최백범; 김수길; M. Aulice Scibioh; Joghee Prabhuram; 하흥용
- direct methanol fuel cell; electrocatalyst; oxygen reduction reaction; methanol tolerance; ceria; samaria
- Issue Date
- Gordon Conference: Fuel Cells
- In the midst of finding new catalytic materials for direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs), CeO2 has been considered as one of the additives to enhance the activity of Pt based catalysts. It has been demonstrated that the CeO2 has a synergistic effect with Pt, thereby enhancing the catalytic activity both for methanol oxidation reaction and oxygen reduction reaction in a DMFC. The higher activity of Pt-CeO2/C towards the methanol oxidation reaction and oxygen reduction reaction purely depends on the mode of incorporation of CeO2 in the Pt/C catalyst. In the present study, a small amount of SmO2 was doped with CeO2; and the resultant CeSmOx incorporated Pt/C catalyst was tested for the oxygen reduction reaction in the cathode of a DMFC
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.