Critical exciton kinetic energy in InAs/GaAs quantum dot sample by infrared time resolved spectroscopy
- Critical exciton kinetic energy in InAs/GaAs quantum dot sample by infrared time resolved spectroscopy
- 하싸안; 올렉씨; 송진동; 최원준; 조남기; 이정일
- InAs/GaAs Quantum dot; radiative and non-radiative decay time; Photo-luminescence; migration enhanced S-K growth
- Issue Date
- InAs quantum dot is grown by Migration
Enhanced Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MEMBE).
Photoluminescence (PL) and time-resolved
photoluminescence are carried out at different laser
powers and temperatures. The temperature varied from
14K up to 200K. We found two emission peaks near
1.096ev, 1.172ev the emission energy is found to red
shift with increasing temperature while there is no
change in the peak position with varying laser power.
Decay time analysis revealed effective life time at the
ground state transition of 512ps at 14K and laser power
of 15mW. At the same temperature, the decay time
decreases slightly as the laser power increases to reach
503ps at 200 mW laser power. We also investigated the
radiative and non-radiative recombination time by
varying temperature and laser power. The low value of
the radiative recombination time explains the higher PL
intensity at low temperature. As the temperature
increases the PL peak intensity decreases and radiative
life time increases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.