Anti-inflammatory Mechanism of Seaweeds in Murine Macrophage
- Anti-inflammatory Mechanism of Seaweeds in Murine Macrophage
- 판철호; 김은선; 엄병헌; 이재권
- Desmarestia viridis; Dictyopteris divaricata; Scytosiphon lomentaria; Ishige okamurae; inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS); interlukin-1β; cyclooxygenase (COX)-2; proinflammatory cytokine; anti-inflammation; 1κB
- Issue Date
- Food science and biotechnology
- VOL 18, NO 3, 813-817
- The effect of 4 seaweed extracts (Desmarestia viridis, Dictyopteris divaricata, Scytosiphon lomentaria, and Ishigeokamurae) on pro-inflammatory mediators as well as nuclear factor (NF)-κB in the stimulated Raw 264.7 cells wasinvestigated. They reduced iNOS and interlukin (IL)-1β expressions at transcription level. Of those, 3 extracts (D. divaricata,I. okamurae, and S. lomentaria) inhibited the COX-2 expression at translation level. IκB-α degradation was inhibited by D.divaricata and S. lomentaria extracts. Therefore, we concluded that the extracts from D. divaricata and S. lomentaria couldinhibit the activation of murine macrophage through the blocking of NF-κB activation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.