Ionic liquid-based absorbents for the removal of alkynes from isoprene
- Ionic liquid-based absorbents for the removal of alkynes from isoprene
- 김진형; Jelliarko Palgunadi; 이현주; 안병성; 정민석; 김훈식
- Ionic liquid; absorbents; isoprene
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society National Meeting&Exposition
- Various types of ionic liquids and metal-containing ionic liquids were tested as extractants for the removal of acetylenic compounds in isoprene. The removal of acetylenic hydrocarbons in olefins or dienes is of pivotal importance because they often serve as catalyst poisons in the process of producing polyolefins (polyisoprene and SIS polymer) and also lower the product quality of polyolefins. When the feed containing 1,000 ppm of isopropenylacetylene (IPA) in isoprene was treated with phosphate and phosphite series ionic liquids, about 50~60% of IPA was extracted from the organic layer to the ionic liquid layer. The extraction performance of the ionic liquids was significantly enhanced by the addition of Cu(I) halide, resulting in complete removal of IPA in the feed. The theoretical calculations were made to investigate the role of ionic liquid and metal halide in the extraction of IPA.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.