Magnetoresistance of a polycrystalline InSb disk with an embedded Au core
- Magnetoresistance of a polycrystalline InSb disk with an embedded Au core
- 서주영; 김원용; 장준연; 한석희; 김은규
- magnetoresistance; Indium antimonide (InSb); geometric MR; van der Pauw disk; Geometric magnetoresistance
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 55, NO 2, 577-580
- We have investigated the magnetoresistance (MR) of a polycrystalline indium- antimonide (InSb)
van der Pauw (vdP) disk with an embedded concentric gold (Au) core. A polycrystalline InSb
sample was prepared in a thermal evaporator. The size of the Au core embedded in a InSb disk
with a constant 100-μm diameter varied from 0 to 70 μm. The MR of the devices with different
Au size was measured in order to find the optimum Au size and the origin of the enhanced MR.
The room temperature MR of the InSb vdP disk with a 70-μm Au inhomogeniety was 614% at 1
T, and 9,900% at 5 T. The MR significantly depended on the size of embedded Au. The results
can be well understood by considering field dependent current deflection around the embedded Au
core, which is called geometrical MR.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.