Disk-type porous Ni-Cr bulk catalyst for hydrogen production by authothermal reforming of methane
- Disk-type porous Ni-Cr bulk catalyst for hydrogen production by authothermal reforming of methane
- 김성호; 정지혜; 김윤태; 한종희; 윤성필; 남석우; 임태훈; 이호인
- Disk-type catalyst; Ni bulk catalyst; ATR; Methane reforming; On-off test
- Issue Date
- Catalysis today
- VOL 146, 96-102
- Autothermal reforming of methane, which is combined of steam reforming and partial oxidation, was
carried out with a disk-type porous Ni–Cr bulk catalyst in various reaction conditions. Although high
methane conversion could be obtained by controlling reaction conditions such as reaction temperature,
O2/C ratio, and S/C ratio, the optimal condition for maximal H2 and CO generation was shown at a
different reaction condition, because H2 and CO were products of partially oxidized methane. The
activity of porous Ni–Cr bulk catalyst was well maintained for On–Off test and 260 h operation of ATR.
The deactivation of a reforming catalyst has generally been caused by the carbon deposition on the active
site of Ni. In the case of bulk Ni, however, the oxidation of Ni was an inevitable and severe problem in the
autothermal reforming of methane. An interesting fact was observed during On–Off test, which was
named a bounce phenomenon in this work. It was caused by oxidation of Ni for On–Off process and the
transient reduction of the oxidized Ni catalyst in ATR reaction.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.