Bi-substitution-induced magnetic moment distribution in spinel BixCo2−
- Bi-substitution-induced magnetic moment distribution in spinel BixCo2− xMnO4 multiferroic
- xMnO4 multiferroic
- N. E. Rajeevan; Ravi Kumar; D. K. Shukla; P. Thakur; N. B. Brookes; 채근화; 최원국; Sanjeev Gautam; S. K. Arora; I. V. Shvets; P. P. Pradyumnan
- near-edge x-ray absorption spectroscopy (NEXAFS); multiferroic; ferrimagnetism; ferroelectricity
- Issue Date
- Journal of physics, Condensed matter : an Institute of Physics journal
- VOL 21, NO 40, 406006-1-406006-6
- We report the near-edge x-ray absorption spectroscopy (NEXAFS) at the Co/Mn L3,2 edge and
oxygen K edge of the well-characterized Bi-substituted Co2MnO4 multiferroic samples. The
evolution of peak features in NEXAFS spectra of the Co/Mn L3,2 edge and O K edge show the
Bi-induced redistribution of magnetic cations (Co/Mn). The variation in valence states of Co
and Mn in all the substituted compositions is consistent with the observed ferrimagnetic
behaviour of the samples. Magnetization data show the decrease in molecular field
complementing the ferrimagnetism. The role of Bi in the enhancement of magnetic interactions
as well as the appearance of ferroelectricity in BixCo2−xMnO4 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.3) is discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.