Particle Size versus Grain Size Relation in the Sprayformed Al-18Si Composites
- Particle Size versus Grain Size Relation in the Sprayformed Al-18Si Composites
- 석현광; 박경원; 이재철
- hypereutectic Al-Si-X composites; microstructure evolution; spray forming
- Issue Date
- Metals and Materials International
- VOL 15, NO 4, 609-613
- Various hypereutectic Al-18Si-X composites with different average Si particle sizes ranging from 0.2~30 μm
were produced by varying process parameters of spray forming. The effect of the Si particle size in determining
the matrix grain size was investigated in order to design the optimum process for producing hypereutectic
Al-18Si-X composites with fine microstructures. The experimental results suggested that the Si particle size
greater than 2 μm is desirable for retarding the grain coarsening during subsequent forming processes, resulting
in the fine microstructure. The observed results on the coarsening behavior of grains during spray-forming
were analyzed from the free energy viewpoint.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.