Characterization of interface between amorphous Ge2Sb2Te5 and TiN by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
- Characterization of interface between amorphous Ge2Sb2Te5 and TiN by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
- 정두석; 이수연; 정증현; 정병기; 황철성
- chalcogenice; x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; interfacial dipole layer; Ge2Sb2Te5
- Issue Date
- European; Phase Change and Ovonics Symposium 2009
- , 176-180
- We investigated interface between Ge2Sb2Te5 (GST) and a very thin and discontinuous TiN film by
analyzing the electron band structure near the Fermi energy using x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
(XPS). The intensity of photoelectrons (PEs) from GST covered with TiN was formulated in a form of the
convolution integration. Using this formula the deviation of the PE intensity of the covered GST from that
of the uncovered could be evaluated. Three different calculated spectra, one was from the uncovered GST,
another from the covered GST, and the other from TiN were fitted to the XPS spectrum of TiN/GST in
the vicinity of the Fermi energy. From the fitting, a shift of the valence band spectrum of the covered
GST due to Fermi energy alignment after the junction formation was observed. The shift was explained in
terms of the formation of an interfacial dipole layer at the TiN/GST interface and space charges in GST
attributed to the valence-alternation-pair formation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.