Inhibitory Effects of 23 Korean Local Plant Extracts on Aldo-keto reductase family 1 B10 (AKR 1 B10)
- Inhibitory Effects of 23 Korean Local Plant Extracts on Aldo-keto reductase family 1 B10 (AKR 1 B10)
- 이주영; 송대근; 정상훈; 김종환; 안수용; 노주원; 판철호
- Aldo-keto reductase family 1 B10; aldose reductase-like 1; anti-cancer; Ligularia fischeri; Rhus trichocarpa
- Issue Date
- VOL 40, NO 3, 238-243
- We examined ethanol extracts prepared from 23 Korean local plants obtained in Pyeongchang, Gangwon-do for
their inhibitory effects on recombinant human AKR 1 B10 (rhAKR1B10) in vitro. To do this, rhAKR1B10 was first expressed
in E. coli as a biological active form and purified by using Ni-affinity chromatography followed by gel permeation chromatography.
Then, rhAKR1B10 was used for screening out 23 Korean local plant extracts having an inhibitory activity against
itself. Among them, six extracts showed more than 50% inhibition of rhAKR1B10 activity at the concentration of 10μg/ml.
Especially, the extracts of Ligularia fischeri var. spiciformis Nakai and Rhus trichocarpa Miq. were the most potent because
their IC50 values were 2.94 and 2.00 μg/ml, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.