Parametrical Study on the Preparation of an InAs/AlSb 2DEG Structure for Application to a High-mobility Inverted-doping HEMT
- Parametrical Study on the Preparation of an InAs/AlSb 2DEG Structure for Application to a High-mobility Inverted-doping HEMT
- 임주영; 신상훈; 송진동; 최원준; 한석희; 양해석
- InAs 2DEG; HEMT; Inverted-doping HEMT; Molecular beam epitaxy; AlSb
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 55, NO 4, 1525-1529
- We have investigated the change in the electron mobility of InAs/AlSb two-dimensional electron
gas (2DEG) structures under various growth conditions. The optimum transport characteristics of
the InAs/AlSb 2DEG are achieved when the InAs channel is grown to a proper thickness under
a suitable arsenic flux with a modified shutter sequence and with an extra GaSb layer overlaid
on the upper AlSb layer of the channel. The resulting inverted-doping high-electron-mobilitytransistor
(HEMT) structure including an n-doped InAs layer under the InAs channel, is found to
have a mobility as high as ~28,270 ㎠/Vs at 300 K and ~160,300 ㎠/Vs at 77 K. This value of
mobility at 300 K is three times larger than that of previously reported for a InAs/AlSb inverteddoping
HEMT and is comparable with conventional counterparts. Furthermore, this high-mobility
InAs/AlSb inverted-doping HEMT is newly realized.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.