Simultaneous quantitative determination of urinary cholesterol, desmosterol and lanosterol in pravastatin treated rats by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry
- Simultaneous quantitative determination of urinary cholesterol, desmosterol and lanosterol in pravastatin treated rats by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry
- 사릴꾸마르; 정봉철; 이영주; 이홍재; 정병화
- cholesterol; lanosterol; desmosterol; GC/MS; pravastatin
- Issue Date
- 분석과학; Analytical Science & Technology
- VOL 22, NO 5, 407-414
- A simultaneous determination method for cholesterol, lanosterol and desmosterol was developed using
gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Urine was enzymatically hydrolyzed with β-glucuronidase/arylsulfatase.
Samples were prepared using extractions with a mixture of ethyl acetate-hexane (2:3, v/v), followed by
derivatization with a mixture of MSTFA/ TMSI/ TMCS (100:2:5 v/v/v). All analyses were performed using GC/
MS in selective ion monitoring mode. Good linearities (r2=0.998~0.999) in calibration curve and a satisfactory
recovery (80.0%~113%) were achieved. Accuracy and precision values within ±15% in the concentration range
of 5 to 200 ng/mL were also observed for all compounds. The developed method was applied to pravastatintreated
(70 and 250 mg/kg/day for 7 days, oral) hyperlipidemia rats. Those sterols were significantly lower in
drug-treated rats compared to the controls, which justifies the drug efficacy. Therefore, these results indicate that
the developed method was successfully applied to examine statin drug efficacy with urine sample.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.